Friday, January 6, 2012
Goddess Fish Tour- Author Interview + Giveaway: Roni Loren
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
I’m a New Orleans girl who now lives in Dallas. I’m married to a wonderful guy who tolerates supports the fact that his wife spends her days writing sexy stuff about men who are not him. I also have a four year old who keeps me very busy. As for wanting to be a writer, I’ve always been an avid reader and first remember really wanting to be a writer when I read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle in 5th grade. I didn’t actually attempt to write a book, though, until I was in high school. I wrote 150 pages of what, looking back, was romantic New Kids on the Block fan fiction, lol. But hey, it was a start. : )
2. What do you love most about writing?
I love getting lost in another world and finding happy endings for characters who seem like they’re never going to work it out. Oh, and I love getting to wear yoga pants to work. : )
3. Describe Crash Into You in 140 characters or less.
A social worker has to face her fears &trust the man who broke her heart so she can go undercover at a BDSM resort & find her missing sister
4. Are you a romantic at heart?
Yes! Hopelessly so. Want to see me get mad? Give me a book or movie that looks like it’s supposed to be a romance and then don’t give me a happy ending. Ugh. Even if I venture into different genres in the future, I can promise that there will always be some kind of romance and happy ending.
5. The story takes place at a BDSM retreat. Did you have to do a lot of research?
Well, yes and no. I haven’t been to any kind of BDSM club or retreat. Though, if The Ranch existed (the resort in my book), I may be tempted—especially if some of my heroes were hanging out there, lol. And it’s fiction, so I have a lot of leeway in writing what I want. But there’s definitely research involved. The BDSM lifestyle has a lot of rules, philosophies, and equipment. I want to make sure I handle those things accurately and respectfully.
6. Is it difficult writing smoking hot sex scenes?
In some ways, it isn’t hard at all. If I’ve written the build-up well, I, as the writer, am anticipating the couple getting together as much as the reader hopefully is. So sometimes I can’t type the scene out fast enough. : ) But the difficult part comes in with making sure I don’t repeat myself. Sometimes it seems there are only so many ways to describe a love scene, and I want each one to feel different and to serve different purposes in the story. So that can be a challenge. It can also be tough writing smoking hot smexiness when kidlet is running around and Sesame Street is on TV, lol.
7. How many books do you have planned for this series?
As of now, there will definitely be at least four novels and one novella, but I’m keeping the series open-ended. I’m hoping readers will like it and that it will be successful, so that I’ll get to write more. : )
8. Once the series is wrapped up, what’s next?
Since there isn’t a set expiration date on this Loving on the Edge series, I plan to do other things in between when I have time on deadlines. I have a rockstar romance series that has one book written and three more planned. I will probably work on that when I can.
9. What are you reading right now? Who are some of your favorite authors?
Right now I’m reading Shayla Black’s Belong to Me and Stephen King’s 11/22/63. As for favorite authors, there are many. But in my own genre, I love Maya Banks, Lauren Dane, Jaci Burton, Lorelei James, Megan Hart, Joey W. Hill, and Shayla.
10. I read on your website that you’re addicted to reality television. What are some of your favorite shows?
I tend to gravitate toward the competition shows. American Idol, Big Brother, and Top Chef are probably the ones I look forward to the most each year. Also, I can’t resist The Bachelorette no matter how hard I try. : )
Thanks for stopping by Roni!
Thanks for having me!
Tumblr (where I post mancandy photos): http://roniloren.tumblr.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/roniloren
Buy links for book: www.roniloren.com/books
DURING THE TOUR, RONI LOREN WILL BE GIVING AWAY:
* One signed set of Romance Trading Cards for "Crash Into You" to a random commenter at every stop.
* A $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.
* A signed set of Romance Trading Cards for "Crash Into You" AND a basket of romance novels (approx. $50 value) to the host with the most comments (excluding the author's and their own) including: Switch by Megan Hart, Big Jack by J.D. Robb, Enemy Lover by Karin Harlow, Beyond the Night by Joss Ware, and The Fallen: Raziel by Kristina Douglas.
To follow the tour, check out the tour dates here: http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2011/11/virtual-book-tour-crash-into-you-by.html
The more you comment, the more chances you have to win! And make sure you comment on this post so that I can win that basket of romance novels!! The host with the most comments wins!